Friday, May 18, 2012

Who i am and why i am here)


Hello and welcome to everyone. My name is Helena and i'm so happy to be here)
I started this blog to practise my English and to find international friends.
I was born in Moscow, Russia, I grew up here, I fell in love here too. But... my country doesn't recognize same sex marriages, so I and my partner Ann decided to move to Canada and to change our lives) Yes, we are a bit adventurers)
We are mums of 3 year old Welsh Corgi Pembroke boy. His name is Lis (in Russian it means fox). He is the best dog in the world!



Now Ann prepares to pass the exams for universities (we expecting to come in Canada in 2013). She is very smart and i definitely believe she succeeds. She decided to become a blogger too (but she will write in Russian) to share her experience in applying for and studying abroad with other russian people who are intrested in this theme.

I love traveling, cooking, spending time with my family, creating handmade stuff. I am a great fan of photography, design, houses with history and all the beauty of the world)
I definitely believe that we succed everethyng! Because we are family and we support each other in all our projects)



You can find my photographs here:
Просмотреть мое Портфолио

My Etsy Shop is HERE

8 comments:

  1. Hey there Helena!

    What an exciting time for you and your family :) I wish you the best of luck. Where are you moving to in Canada???

    I live on the every most eastern point in Canada (Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador - google it ;) ).

    I'd be more than happy to help if you have any questions on moving to Canada. I'll help where I can lol.

    Just took a look at your etsy shop - some lovely pieces you've got in there!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melissa, thank you so much for your kind words!)

      Unfortunately we don't know where we move, it is all because of the university - we don't know to which of them Ann will be admitted to...
      But... we are praying about Halifax - Nova Scotia (Dalhousie university). Not far from your place))))) We absolutely fell in love with those places. The Atlantic Ocean, nature, architecture, light-houses - all that things are so unusuall for us, so magnetic.
      And of course I know the place where you live))))) I had looked through millions of Eastern Canada photos - the most beautiful places in the World!

      Delete
  2. Hi Helena!

    How exciting, we wish you all the luck in the world! Do you know where you are going to settle in Canada? We are in Ontario, close to Toronto.

    Love your corgi, I feel if my corgi wasn't a fluffy, that he would look very similar to Lis!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Candy, thank you kindly!

      We don't know exactly about the place. Ann is only passing the exams for universities now. And the results (and the place where we will live) will be known later (in autumn as i think).

      I love your corgi too, and i agree with your words about similarity))) I want to ask you about a canadian corgi community - does it exist? (We have such in Moscow)

      Delete
    2. Hi Helena!

      A Canadian Corgi Community, hmmm, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. We have the Pembroke Welsh Corgi club - http://www.pembrokewelshcorgis.ca/index.php, but if you're talking about places for corgis and owners to meet up, there's not much that I've seen. Usually it's up to a group of people in a city or neighboring cities etc to plan a meet up on their own.

      Delete
    3. Hi Candy,
      thanks for the answer.
      I mean both the club and the place to meet.
      And thank you for the link (I've saved it for the future)

      Delete
  3. I am amazed that English is not your first language; you write so well! Welcome to the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you)))) May be i will disappoint you, but my Ann corrects all mistakes in my posts)))))
      Her English is really good, not mine)

      Delete